This just a quick reminder that we’ll be having our AGM on the 3rd of April at 5pm, online between our Sunday gaming sessions.
On the night we’ll be inviting members to propose new motions to the society, this could be to introduce a policy you’d like us to adopt or something you want us to take action on. We’re asking that all motions be submitted by 5pm on Saturday the 19th of March, this is so we can give the membership time to read and consider your motion. We have a guide on how to put forward a motion and a template available here: https://geas.org.uk/proposals
All proposals should be sent to the committee via email at: geas.committee
We’ll also be voting in a new committee! All eligible members are welcome to nominate themselves or another, however, due to EUSA restrictions only matriculated student members may run for non-advisory roles. Additionally, the advisory role of Social Media Manager is being retired this year and won’t be up for election. If you want to apply for one of these roles then you must attend the AGM on the 3rd, you’ll be expected to give a short speech about why you should be elected to the committee and answer questions from attendees.
- President (Executive) – The head of the committee, responsible for delegating tasks among office bearers and direction of the society as a whole.
- Secretary (Executive) – Responsible for communication with the society and student union, filing GEAS’s paperwork, organising and minuting committee meetings.
- Treasurer (Executive) – In charge of managing the society’s finances and allocating money for events, such as the Conpulsion budget and pub quiz prizes.
- Events Organiser – Organises larger society events such as pub quizzes, one-shot nights, and the Student Nationals trip.
- Socials Coordinator – Responsible for organising monthly society socials, this has in the past included; casual gaming nights, coffee shop socials, and pub meet ups.
- Conpulsion Liaison – The point of contact between the GEAS and Conpulsion committees, responsible for working with the student union to help organise the society’s gaming convention.
- Webmaster (Advisory) – Responsible for the upkeep of the GEAS website, mailing list management, and keeping committee owned accounts secure.
- Equality and Wellbeing Officer (Advisory) – Acts as a point of contact for anyone with welfare concerns that are related to the society, and enforces the society’s complaints and anti-harassment policies.
For the full run down of the AGM and what it entails, you can read our last post here: https://geas.org.uk/2022/02/20/taking-part-in-the-agm/
If you have any questions about the committee positions or how the AGM will be run, please send us an email at geas.committee or contact a committee member directly on the Discord.
For the glory of GEAS!