Hello there, Adventurers!
Our Welcome Week One-Shots are happening tonight at 6pm, so I thought it’d be a good time to go over how pitches run on Discord. If you’re new to GEAS, or you haven’t attended pitches in a while, then please give this a read. We’ll go over this again at the start but it’s helpful if people have an idea of what to expect.
- Firstly, and most importantly, you need to have a Discord account. These can be made for free at: https://discord.com/
- Once you have an account you need to join the GEAS Discord server using this invite link: https://geas.org.uk/discord
- At 6pm we’ll start a call on a voice channel in the Pitches category, where we’ll give a short introduction to the society and go over things like game safety.
- After introductions are finished, the GMs will come on one at a time to pitch their game to you.
- Once all GMs have spoken, we’ll open game sign-ups for newcomers to GEAS. This includes those that have joined us for summer games this year but have never played in a term-time campaign.
- There will be an automated menu in the channel named #game-sign-ups, which will allow you to choose which game you’d like to join by reacting to it.
- By selecting a game, you will automatically gain access to that game’s channels.
- After all new players have joined a game, returning members of GEAS will be able to find a game to join.
- Once pitches have finished you can move to your game’s channel where your GM will meet you.
As we’re online there’s the possibility that we might experience some technical difficulties, please bear with us if this happens. If you have any questions about pitches, online gaming, or GEAS in general then you can get in touch with us at geas.committee or on our Discord.
See you tonight!