We’ve held our AGM this evening and I’m happy to announce that we have a new committee! If you’d like read the minutes of the meeting and the breakdown of votes then you can find them here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1crsTiDD2WQA6sYZoOIC7MhsME5YCGfOv4gAt2llSvHA/edit?usp=sharing
The membership have voted to; allow the GEAS committee to make executive decisions regarding Conpulsion without an AGM, and to ratify the advisory roles of Webmaster and Equality & Wellbeing Officer in addition to creating a second E&W Officer position.
Our new committee is:
- President – Duncan Henley-Washford
- Secretary – Emma Mackay
- Treasurer – Harvey Newman
- Events Organiser – Holly Rankin
- Socials Coordinator – Stella Segar
- Conpulsion Liaison – Claire Bath
- Webmaster (Advisory) – Alan Jackson
- Equality and Wellbeing Officer (Advisory) – Vivek Santayana & Emi Booth
The members have also voted to award life membership to:
- Vivek Santayana – for his work on updating and upholding our Welfare and Game Safety polies during his 2019-2021 tenure on committee, and his efforts to make the gaming community a safer place for all.
- Robyn Higgins – for her warm and compassionate leadership during these unprecedented times, and her long commitment to the GEAS and it’s members.
- Sophie Hine – for being instrumental to the running of GEAS, going above and beyond to making the society a welcoming place. (I made Robyn write this)
Good luck to our new committee, I hope that your tenure is fruitful! It’s been great serving on the GEAS committee for the last two years and I look forward to continuing gaming with you all 🙂
For the glory of GEAS!
Outgoing GEAS Secretary